Thursday, September 10, 2009

Revolution of Communication Device


Today is the last day of my 2 year contract with Verizon. Finally! I can go for AT&T freely, I am not saying I don't like Verizon, Verizon does provide the crucial function of a phone- the reception. However, I just couldn't resist getting the super phone from Apple- the iPhone.
Actually, I am not a person who usually gets fancy stuff, phone to me was always a communication device and reception was always my main concern. Phone is Phone.
I started recalling how fast the communication devices evolve. About 10 years ago, I got a fancy pager from my Dad as a Birthday Gift. I remembered that I need to go to the payphone all the time to listen to the message that people left. Around that time, the first cell phone was invented, but the size and the weigh was a lot different from now. The phone was bigger than the land line phone and it was heavy.
About 8 years ago, I got my first cell phone. I was excited to own one (even that was a used one from my dad) I recalled that the screen color was only black and white and there were not too many functions.
During the past 8 years, the speed that the cellphone evolve was too fast that I sometimes feel my contract is too long for me to catch up with these new advanced phones. The phone has not only the fancy appearance but also the inside software. Cellphone can be used as a digital camera, recorder, movie player, ipod or even as a flash light!
Will share my experience with using iPhone later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment